Jewelry Expo Opens at Imagine
Imagine, the fine arts and fine craft gallery at 38 E. Genesee St., Skaneateles, will host a jewelry expo throughout May, featuring works by seven contemporary silversmiths. The exhibition opens May 6 from 6 to 9 p.m., as part of the village’s First Friday celebration. Refreshments will be provided, along with entertainment by the Pond Creek Bogstompers.
The artists featured are:
• Ann Allen, of Gulfport, Fla. Allen handcrafts earrings, necklaces, bracelets and Wonder Woman cuffs. Her designs are noted for their spirals, squiggles, stars, moons, lightning bolts, triangles and hearts.
• Sandy Baker, of New York. Baker’s wearable sculptures are distinguished by their modern, clean lines and artistry. She was named one of the top 100 jewelry designers in the last 30 years by National Jeweler magazine.
• Julia Britell, of Pittsfield, Mass. Britell uses sterling silver, gold, semi-precious stones and a variety of other materials to create elegant, charismatic pieces that marry traditional craftsmanship with cutting-edge sensibility.
• Cindy Callahan, of Silver Spring, Md. Callahan, whose jewelry is classic but contemporary, has been producing an ever-evolving line of fabricated silver jewelry for the past 25 years. Her current designs combine beach stones with pearls and sand dollars.
• Jamie Cassavoy, of Decatur, Ga. Cassavoy & Company handcrafts original jewelry that connects the wearer to nature’s elemental beauty. Each piece expresses its own organic form, with gracefully curving leaves, branches and flowers.
• Susan Packard, of Sugar Hill, N.H. Packard uses sterling silver, gold fill, handmade foils, and brass to create her jewelry, which is inspired by nature.
• Kenneth Pillsworth, of Vineyard Haven, Mass. Pillsworth, whose designs are clean and geometric, works in mixed metals, anodized aluminum, titanium and sterling, and sterling and gold.
Imagine is located in the lakeside village of Skaneateles, nestled in the Finger Lakes region of Central New York. It represents artists from across the country and Canada, along with many Central New York artists, to create one of the most diverse contemporary art collections in the area.
The gallery is open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.
For more information, call 315-685-6263 or go to http://www.imagineskaneateles.com