Enjoy Dinner, Sunsets, Sightseeing on the Erie Canal
Father Fred Daley, pastor of All Saints Church in Syracuse, was looking to do something special for the church’s teachers of faith formation, to show his appreciation for their work over the past year. So, on June 21, he treated them and their spouses – 21 people in all – to a Mid-Lakes Navigation dinner cruise on the Erie Canal.
“The experience was just delightful,” says Kathy Meus, director of faith formation. “We couldn’t have had a better night. It was a great ride down the canal and the Seneca River—it was wonderful to see how the canal is now and appreciate what it was in the past. We saw birds along the shoreline, people waved to us, the narration was great, the staff was friendly and attentive to our needs.”
Through Aug. 30, Mid-Lakes Navigation offers a variety of daily cruises on the Erie Canal:
• Champagne dinner cruises, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, 6 to 9 p.m., $49 adults/$40 children
• Dinosaur Bar-B-Que dinner cruises, Thursdays, 6 to 8:30 p.m., $44 adults/$38 children
• Lunch cruises, Fridays, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., $28 adults/$23 children
• Sightseeing cruises, Fridays, 2 to 2:50 p.m., $12 adults/$8 children/$38 family
• Cafe brunch cruises, Sundays, noon to 2 p.m., $37 adults/$30 children
• Pasta dinner cruises, Sundays, 5 to 7 p.m., $35 adults/$25 children
All of the daily cruises are on the Emita II, a refitted Casco Bay ferry, and depart from Dutchman’s Landing in Baldwinsville. Mid-Lakes Navigation also offers day trips and two- and three-day cruises that travel the Oswego Canal, the Western Erie Canal, the Cayuga-Seneca Canal and the Eastern Erie Canal.
Would Meus take another Mid-Lakes Navigation cruise? “In a heartbeat,” she says. “It was a magical evening.”
For more information, go to http://www.midlakesnav.com or call 315-685-8500.