2014 Historic Church Tour and Organ Crawl
- When: Sunday, May 4, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Where: Various churches in Auburn, 13021
- Cost: $10
- Age limit: All ages
Historic Church Tour & Organ Crawl
When: Sunday, May 4, 2014 from 1pm to 5pm
Where: Throughout the City of Auburn at 8 churches as described below
The Community Preservation Committee is offering a golden opportunity to actively explore Auburn’s past!
Do you love history and historic architecture? Interested in learning more about Auburn? This is your chance to seek out some of the tales and treasures of Auburn’s past through a tour of its historic churches. Even better, this year some sites will include organ concerts. Although each concert will feature different musical selections, all will conclude with Beethoven’s “Ode to Joy” so that listeners can hear the organs’ individual voices.
The participating churches are:
1. First Presbyterian Church, 112 South St, Auburn, NY 13021, organ concerts at 1 and 1:30pm, self-guided tours/docents, lunch beginning at 12pm
2. Westminster Presbyterian Church, 17 William St, Auburn, NY 13021, organ concerts at 1:30 and 2:30pm, self-guided tours/docents, light refreshments
3. Bradley Chapel at Fort Hill Cemetery, 19 Fort St, Auburn, NY 13021, slide show presentation, docents
4. St. Mary’s Catholic Church, 15 Clark St, Auburn, NY 13021, open 1:30-5pm, organ concerts at 2, 3, and 4pm, self-guided tours/docents at key points, light refreshments, gift shop open
5. Willard Memorial Chapel, 17 Nelson St, Auburn, NY 13021, organ concerts at 3 and 4pm, self-guided tours/docents, light refreshments
6. St. Luke’s United Church of Christ, 25 Seminary St, Auburn, NY 13021, organ concerts at 1 and 3pm, self-guided tours/docents, light refreshments
7. St. Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church, Cross and Cottage Sts, Auburn, NY 13021, self-guided tours/docents
8. SS. Peter & Paul Catholic Church, 132 Washington St, Auburn, NY 13021, open 2-5pm, self-guided tours/deacons at key points
Donation: $10 per person. Tickets may be purchased in advance at the Willard Chapel’s office during regular business hours, Tuesdays-Fridays 10am-4pm, or at any participating church during the tour. All proceeds benefit the Community Preservation Committee. Call 315-252-0339 for more information.