Donna Woolfolk Cross graduated cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, from the University of Pennsylvania in 1969 with a B.A. in English. She moved to London, England, after graduation, and worked as an editorial assistant for a small publishing house on Fleet Street, W.H. Allen and Company. Upon her return to the United States, Cross worked at Young and Rubicam, a Madison Avenue advertising firm, before going on to graduate school at UCLA where she earned a master’s degree in Literature and Writing in 1972.
In 1973, Cross moved with her husband to upstate New York where she began teaching writing in a college English Department. Now writing is her fulltime career.
She is the author of two books on language, Word Abuse: How the Words We Use Use Us and Mediaspeak: How Television Makes Up Your Mind. She is the coauthor of Speaking of Words and Daddy’s Little Girl. The product of seven years of research and writing, Pope Joan is her first novel. She is now at work on a new novel set in 17th century France.
More Pope Joan here
Mr. McLeod is a consultant, highly respected facilitator, and Keynote speaker dedicated to using his abilities to facilitate the building of bridges between parties in social conflict. To meet this need, Mr. McLeod founded the New York Institute of Dance and Education; Kaleidoscope Dance Theatre (KDT); the New York Dance Festival; the New York Center for Health and Healing; the Fine Arts Dance Association (FADA); the Educational Tour on Self-esteem through Dance; Community of Color World Culture Celebration; Circles-Expanding Horizons Program; and Reaching for Higher Ground Consulting.
P.O. Box 1101
93 North Street
Auburn NY 13021
View a map.
Emerson Klees has a B.S. degree in electrical engineering from the Pennsylvania State University, a M.B.A. degree from New York University, and a M.A. degree in English Literature (Creative Writing Track) from the State University of New York — College at Brockport. He is a member of the New Society of the Genesee Historical Association and a past member of the Rochester/Monroe County Freedom Trail Commission and the New York Historical Association. Buy books here (more…)
This building was constructed in the 1820’s as a carriage and sleigh manufacturing shop. The 1850’s brought about a blacksmith and horseshoe shop and it remained that until the early 1920’s, when it became the site of a wooden box builder. The 1930’s brought it back to the home of a horseshoe repair and a boat construction business. In 1948, the legendary Paul Trabold began his 50 plus years here with his auto repair shop; many of our customers remember driving their cars into what is now our dining room.
Who are we now? Joe’s Pasta Garage
MaryAnne Angelillo is a Local Notable and she sees the StoryBook Village thru very special lenses; her own. And the images are fabulous. See more here
Or contact MaryAnn at Mangellillo@Adelphia.net to purchase copies at very reasonable prices.