For a limited time only, your purchase of a gift membership to Baltimore Woods Nature Center comes with a $5 gift card redeemable to any program, event, or merchandise at Baltimore Woods.
Much more than that, membership comes with the promise of delight and wonder of the natural world “in your hands.”
Memberships are available at many levels. Click here to download the membership application.
Call 315 673-1350, or visit our website: www.baltimorewoods.org for more ways to register.
Truly the gift that keeps giving all year-long, your gift of a year’s membership to The Woods entitles the bearer to many benefits including:
Free use of modern snowshoes while at Baltimore Woods
Quarterly newsletter subscription
Discounted or waived fees on public programs
Art Gallery Opportunities for Members Only
Discounts at over 150 nature centers across the United States and Canada click here for the list of participating nature centers
Reduced rental rate for the John A.Weeks Interpretive Center
Summer Camp and School Break Adventure Camp (at the Family level or higher)
Free admission to the NY State Zoo at Thompson Park, Watertown, NY
Members Only Plant Sale Special Date
Voting rights at the BWNC Annual Meeting
The most important benefit, however, is the satisfaction of knowing you support conservation and place-based education in Central New York.
We look forward to seeing you, your friends and family at The Woods.
About Baltimore Woods Nature Center
Baltimore Woods Nature Center offers people of all ages opportunities to enjoy and learn about nature first-hand. The Center promotes a positive environment that encourages lifelong respect for nature, for others, and for self. Numerous programs and events are held year-long for children and families, adults, and seniors.
The 180 acre property in Marcellus, NY includes a pond, streams, gardens, and overlooks. Six miles of maintained hiking trails are open every day of the year from dawn to dusk. The Weeks Art Gallery and the Interpretive Center are open weekdays from 9am to 4pm and Saturdays from 10am to 4pm. It is closed on Sundays. The Center will be closed December 24th and 25th for Christmas, and December 31st, 2010 and January 1st, 2011 for the New Year holiday.
Please call 315.673.1350 or visit www.baltimorewoods.org for more information.
On-going Onondaga County Events!
• Onondaga Historical Museum is featuring the exhibit Toys from the 1970′s. For specifics, call 428-1864 or go to www.CNYHistory.org.
• Syracuse Crunch Hockey is back with great slammin’ action at the War Memorial at Oncenter! For specific times & dates, call 435-2121 or on their website at www.SyracuseCrunch.com.
• Syracuse Symphony Orchestra performs at the Mulroy Civic Center at Oncenter several times per month. For specifics, call 424-8200 or go to www.SyracuseSymphony.org.
• The Community Folk Art Center will feature the exhibit Dogs in Transition-Pit Bulls and Mill Dogs by Cyrus Mejia through December 11th. For details, call 442-2230.
• Highland Forest County Park is a great place to hike, bike & check out the awesome views of southern Onondaga County! Call 683-5550 or www.OnondagaCountyParks.com.
• The Everson Museum of Art is featuring two wonderful exhibits – Good Designs: Stories from Herman Miller & On My Own Time. Call 474-6064 or www.Everson.org for details.
• So much to do at Beaver Lake Nature Center! Enjoy many fantastic seasonal programs – call 638-2519 or visit www.OnondagaCountyParks.com for details.
• CNY Regional Farmers Market is open from 7am to 2pm each Saturday & Sunday (flea market); Market Common shops open daily. Call 422-8647 for information. Enjoy this unique shopping experience!
• Every season is a great time of year to visit the Rosamond Gifford Zoo. For details, go to website (www.RosamondGiffordZoo.org) or call them at 435-8511.
• Spaghetti Warehouse features Acme Mystery Dinner Theater and Magic Circle Children’s Theater on Saturdays about noon. Call 475-1807 for details.
• Onondaga Lake Park – a great place to enjoy a walk, a bike ride & so much more! Central New York’s premier park conveniently located on Rt. 370 in Liverpool! Call 453-6712 or go to www.OnondagaCountyParks.com for details.
• IMAX Movies: Alaska, Aliens of the Deep, Wild Ocean, Magic of Flight & Polar Express are currently showing at the Museum of Science & Technology (MOST). Call 425-9068 or www.most.org for specific times and dates. Visit their new exhibit Spectacular Saturn. (more…)
Chamber of Commerce
Friday, December 3 – First Friday in Skaneateles
• Imagine THAT…Gallery Presents “A Sip”. “A Sip,” a celebration of the drinking
vessel featuring works by 18 artists from across the country. 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
at 38 E. Genesee St. Refreshments including a sampling of wines from Anyela’s
Vineyards and musical entertainment will be provided. (315) 685-6263
• Inspired Tidings: Annual Holiday Show by members of Gallery 54 opens Friday
December 3rd 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM at 54 E. Genesee St. Inspired Tidings runs
through December and will feature new work for the holiday season by members
of Gallery 54. Gallery 54 is artist owned and operated, carrying the finest in locally
created fine art and craft. Monday – Thursday 11- 5, Friday 11-6, Saturday 10-6,
Sunday 11-5.Holiday hours: Dec. 9th Ladies night 11-8, Dec. 16th Gents night 11-
8, Dec. 24th 11-4, Dec. 31st 11-3. www.gallery54cny.com (315) 685-5470
• Group exhibit of artists from Skaneateles Artisans, 11 Fennell St. Music by Dan
Duggan/Hammered Dulcimer and refreshments by Tom Poppenger Please join us
for our monthly celebration. 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM (315) 685-8580 or
• Visit Snake Oil Glassworks, Inc., 4251 Jordan Rd. will open the studio
from 6:00-9:00 pm. for an evening of glass blowing demonstrations and
evening shopping. This month we will be making various styles of Christmas balls
and a stem less wine glass or two. Come in to hang out and watch, ask questions
and enjoy some late evening snacks. And just for the fun of it we will fill your stem
less wine glass with its first taste of wine when you purchase one! (315) 685-5091
THIS WEEK’S EVENTS in Skaneateles New York:
Tuesday, November 30 Tuesday Night music sessions at Auburn Public Theater (APT), 108
Genesee St., Auburn 7:30 PM A weekly evening of regional and national talent, and featured
acts. Door prize, a light snack menu & wine/beer with I.D. $2 at the door at.
www.auburnpublictheater.org or (315) 253-6669
Tuesday, November 30 Business Budgeting Seminar at Custom Business Services. 6-7:30
pm. Cost is $10. 360 Grant Avenue, Auburn (315) 258-8780
Wednesday, December 1 Red Cross 12th Annual Real Hero’s Breakfast at the Nicholas J. Pirro
Convention Center. 7:30 AM – 9:00 AM. $50.00/person. Skaneateles resident & Chamber
Member honoree Sal Strods will receive the Good neighbor award.
Wednesday, December 1 TRIVIA NIGHT FOR KID’s (5:30 PM – 7:00 PM) & ADULT’s (7:30 PM
– 9:00 PM): Kid’s Trivia Night will be for kids in grades 5th-10th. Creekside Coffeehouse, 35
Fennell St. FREE. (315) 685-0379
Wednesday, December 1 Bijou Hair Salon, 6 Jordan St. offers an evening with Bareminerals.
It’s a make up party. Come try the product and/or stock up! Chocolate & wine will be served.
6:00 PM – 9:00 PM (315) 685-1300
Thursday, December 2 AUTHOR: 6:30 PM. Karen Winters Schwartz, “Who Stole My Coca
Puffs?”, Creekside Bookstore, 35 Fennell St. FREE (315) 685-0379
Thursday, December 2 MUSIC: Open Mic Night 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM Creekside Coffeehouse,
35 Fennell St. FREE (315) 685-0379
Thursday, December 2 Annual “Light up a Life” Tree Lighting Ceremony organized by Hospice
of the Finger Lakes. Hoopes Park Gazebo, Auburn 4:30 PM
Friday, December 3 Skaneateles Sings. Dedication of the crèche at 6:30 PM at the
Skaneateles Library, Father Christmas and Mother Goose greet the children beginning at 6:00
PM; lighting of the gazebo tree & caroling following the dedication; Magician at the Methodist
Church immediately following the tree lightning. All are welcome to attend. For more information
(315) 685-0552 or visit www.skaneateles.com Sponsored by Key Bank.
The APT Comedy Series Continues
with a ONE MAN SHOW…
Hiram Kasten: Without A Net; A Showbiz Odyssey
Saturday, December 4th at 8:00pm
A familiar face on many of television’s most popular programs, Hiram Kasten has guest starred on Everybody Loves Raymond, Curb Your Enthusiasm, My Wife & Kids, Sabrina The Teenage Witch, Mad About You, Fresh Prince Of Bel Air.
He was a regular on the 5th season of “Seinfeld” and on Seventh Heaven. Hiram has performed all over the country and starred in the hit show, “The Rat Pack Is Back” in Las Vegas. As a regular opener for old friend Jerry Seinfeld, amongst others, Hiram is known for his story telling skills that make each evening’s show special and new. Now, alone on stage with nothing but his mouth, Hiram Kasten takes us on the unique odyssey of a poor kid from the Bronx who only wanted to be on television and, while never at a loss for detractors, he traveled the road less taken to see his dream come true. With his sharp wit unsheathed, Hiram shares the story of a passionate life lived each day without a net, all the while befriending some of the biggest names in show business. From the nightclubs in New York City, to the casinos of Las Vegas, to standing on the immortalized sound stages of Hollywood, the personal and behind the scenes moments that Hiram Kasten shares in “WITHOUT A NET; A SHOWBIZ ODYSSEY”, are at turns hilarious and touching, instructive and inspirational, and as true and beautiful as the human comedy itself.
$12 advance/door See Hiram/Tickets
Artistic Producing Director: Angela Daddabbo
Managing Director/Rentals: Carey Eidel
Acting Classes, Volunteer Co-ordinator , House Manager – Janie MicGlire