Things to do in Syracuse in January 2011
Starts: 1/5/2011 Ends: 1/9/2011
Event: Disney On Ice – Princess Classics
Location: War Memorial at Oncenter, 800 S. State St., Syracuse
For More Info: 315-435-8000
Starts: 1/6/2011 Ends: 1/9/2011
Event: 14th Annual Camping World RV Show
Location: Empire Expo Center/NYS Fairgrounds, 581 State Fair Blvd., Syracuse
For More Info: 315-487-7711
Starts: 1/7/2011 Ends: 1/15/2011
Event: Unnecessary Farce Dinner Theater
Location: The Fire & Ice Banquet Hall @ The Locker Room, 528 Hiawatha Blvd. E., Syracuse
For More Info: 315-446-1461 (more…)
Continuing thru 12/23/2010
Event: 56th Annual Art Mart
Location: The Atrium at City Hall Commons, 201 E. Washington St., Syracuse
For More Info: 315-422-8284
Continuing thru 1/9/2011
Event: Exhibits: From the Studio to the Salon & Run and Tell That! New Work from New York
Location: SUArt Galleries, SUArt Galleries, Syracuse University, Shaffer Art Building, Syracuse
For More Info: 315-443-4097
Continuing thru 1/9/2011
Event: Lights on the Lake
Location: Onondaga Lake Park, 106 Lake Drive, Liverpool
For More Info: 315-453-6712
Continuing thru 12/18/2010
Event: Christmas Around the World (Friday & Saturday)
Location: Ste. Marie among the Iroquois, 6680 Onondaga Lake Parkway, Liverpool
For More Info: 315-453-6768 (more…)
On-going Onondaga County Events!
• The Everson Museum of Art is featuring two wonderful exhibits – Good Designs: Stories from Herman Miller & On My Own Time. Call 474-6064 or www.Everson.org for details.
• Onondaga Historical Museum is featuring the exhibit Toys from the 1970′s. For specifics, call 428-1864 or go to www.CNYHistory.org.
• Syracuse Crunch Hockey is back with great slammin’ action at the War Memorial at Oncenter! For specific times & dates, call 435-2121 or on their website at www.SyracuseCrunch.com.
• The Warehouse Art Gallery is currently featuring the exhibit Rigo 23: The Tate Wikikuwa Museum: North America 2024 thru 2/6/2011. For details call 443-6450.
• Highland Forest County Park is a great place to snowshoe, cross country ski or toboggan. Call 683-5550 or www.OnondagaCountyParks.com.
• Syracuse Symphony Orchestra performs at the Mulroy Civic Center at Oncenter several times per month. For specifics, call 424-8200 or go to www.SyracuseSymphony.org.
• IMAX Movies: Alaska, Aliens of the Deep, Wild Ocean, Magic of Flight & Polar Express are currently showing at the Museum of Science & Technology (MOST). Call 425-9068 or www.most.org for specific times and dates. Visit their new exhibit Spectacular Saturn.
• So much to do at Beaver Lake Nature Center! Enjoy many fantastic seasonal programs – call 638-2519 or visit www.OnondagaCountyParks.com for details.
• CNY Regional Farmers Market is open from 7am to 2pm each Saturday & Sunday (flea market); Market Common shops open daily. Call 422-8647 for information. Enjoy this unique shopping experience!
• Every season is a great time of year to visit the Rosamond Gifford Zoo. For details, go to website (www.RosamondGiffordZoo.org) or call them at 435-8511.
• Spaghetti Warehouse features Acme Mystery Dinner Theater and Magic Circle Children’s Theater on Saturdays about noon. Call 475-1807 for details.
• Onondaga Lake Park – Central New York’s premier park conveniently located on Rt. 370 in Liverpool; currently home to Lights on the Lake. Call 453-6712 or go to www.OnondagaCountyParks.com for details.
Executive Assistant & Marketing Coordinator
Syracuse Convention & Visitors Bureau
CenterState Corporation for Economic Opportunity
572 South Salina St., Syracuse, NY 13202
Phone: 315-470-1913 | Fax: 315-471-8545
Fun Fact about the Syracuse area …. did you know …..
… that the snowiest December on record is December 2010, measuring in at 70.8″ at Hancock International Airport as of December 17, 2010 at 1:00pm. Syracuse is well on its way to breaking the record for the snowiest month since 1949 (when records began at Hancock Airport). All that is needed is another 7.6″ of snow to drop before the big orange ball drops at Onondaga Lake Park on December 31, 2010.
Attached, please find this week’s edition of the Friday Facts. For details on any of these events or others down the road, take a gander at our website at www.VisitSyracuse.org.
Skaneateles Chamber of Commerce THIS WEEK’S EVENTS:
Tuesday, December 7 & 14 Gather your friends and enjoy the company of Queen
Victoria at High Tea at Stella Maris Retreat, 130 E. Genesee St. Enjoy a cup of Tea,
Scones and Sweetbreads, Savory Soup, Assorted Tea Sandwiches and a delectable
assortment of desserts. Arrive by 11:30 for the arrival of Her Majesty, the Queen
Offering $25.00 per person. Space limited on each date, advance reservations are
required by calling 685-6836 (more…)